Meet Mr. Williams

Back to Article
Back to Article

Meet Mr. Williams

Andy Robles, Writer

We all know Mr. Williams as the always curious, but cool English teacher, but who is he really and what was he doing before he started teaching? He has many hobbies some of these include being the swim team coach for Burroughs, going to the gym, and his favorite is traveling to different places. Mr. Williams has actually visited 48 of the 50 states! He attended Palomar College where he played water polo for two seasons. Then he transferred to Chico State. He says,“That’s probably one of the things I could go back and do again, because college was so much fun.”

He decided to move to Ridgecrest in 1993 because it was an affordable, nice, good place to raise kids, and a calm town. Years later he had kids and raised them here. In his life time, like everyone else, he made some mistakes but the biggest in his opinion was that not doing better in high school with his grades. He believes that it is sad to see people with a lot of potential waste it by making stupid decisions. He always wants to see people working at their fullest potential. Finally, if he could choose any other career he would choose to be in the military or a police officer because they both seem like an interesting and fun professions.